In addition to our legal expertise, our team holds advanced degrees in a wide variety of disciplines, including mechanical engineering, nuclear physics, computer science, and chemical engineering. Further, NK Patent Law attorneys have extensive experience in the entrepreneurial community, including former roles as in-house counsel for established innovative companies and as counsel for many startups that have been funded and/or acquired.
Our attorneys and patent agents have held a number of responsible positions in telecom, scientific research and development, biochemical research and pharmaceuticals, and patent analytics companies, and as legal counselors – each of these experiences contributes to the legal counsel and business acumen of the firm.
- Patent prosecution before the United States Patent and Trademark Office and in foreign countries
- Intellectual property agreements, including development of technology-based IP agreements
- Trademarks, copyrights and licensing
- Patentability, validity and freedom-to-operate opinions
- Patent infringement matters
- New business due diligence
- Building strategic patent portfolios
- Intellectual property litigation assessment